forex

JUMIA

konga

iPhone 6

amazon

Hotel

Ali ex

Sunday, November 22, 2015

I was denied movie roles ’cos I refused to open my legs-Okeoghene Omoferi, actress

Okeoghene Omoferi is an actress, movie producer, script writer and style aficionado who joined Nollywood about three years ago. She has starred in several movies but says her refusal to acquiesce to the demands of amorous producers has denied her roles in movies. This great beauty tells Adaeze Amos in this interview about her acting career and lifestyle.
 Why did you choose to be an actress when, indeed, you could have been a great broadcaster?
I opted for acting because I have always been an expressive or communicative person. Acting makes me express myself. I could say that I joined the acting world so as to express myself through roles I interpret. I like talking, articulating my views and making my points clear to the next person. In the acting world, I have the opportunity to do all that.
When did you start acting?
I started acting about three years ago. I haven’t really starred much in movies. This is because I have had to turn down quite a number of scripts because I didn’t want to be stereotyped. I had also lost some scripts because I refused to use what I have in-between my legs to get what I want. I refused to open my legs to some movie producers who asked for that.
 Which of the movies you have starred in brought you into the limelight?
It is the movie titled ‘Remember Me’. It was not even a movie per se. It was a TV series on ‘My TV’ cable station. So many people watched and liked it. They liked how I interpreted my role in the series. That propelled people to encourage me to keep doing what I’m doing.

 What was your most challenging movie role?
That was in a movie titled ‘The Mirror’. It was most challenging because I had to play the role of a secret service agent. It wasn’t really easy for me.
 We learnt you have just produced your own movie; how do you feel about it?
I feel great, elated and happy; which word should I use to express my joy? This is because I have only spent three years in Nollywood, and I have started producing my own movie. I’m thrilled honestly because the whole thing made me feel I can actually face the challenges of living my dreams as a filmmaker. The title is ‘Faith at Crossroads’. It’s a story of a young girl whose future was thrown into the pit of hell before her eyes. Now, she has to decide even though her faith is at a crossroads. It’s a short movie with a beautiful storyline. The movie is basically an advocacy of women development, especially young women.
 What motivated you; was it a true life story of yours?
What motivated me is the fact that young women of today give up on themselves easily. The movie was created to encourage us (females); that we can follow our dreams despite all odds.
What’s your childhood like?
There isn’t much to say about my childhood than the fact that I was born with a silver spoon in Warri, Delta State. My state is the supposedly heart of pidgin language yet I never got to speak it because it was more like a taboo in my house. I didn’t mix with kids around; my only friends were my siblings.
Who were the actors that inspired you in the acting world?
A few actors did: Stephanie Okere, Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde and Richard Mofe Damijo, among others.
What’s the craziest thing a male fan has ever done to you?
There are many crazy things really but the one I can remember now is this. There was this guy that was stalking me on all social media and on my phone. How he got my number honestly, I didn’t know. He then started sending to me some crazy text messages. How he loved me, how he would prove his love to me and some crazy vulgar things I won’t be able to talk about here. He continued to the extent that I had to change my number but that didn’t deter him. In fact, it’s a long story.
How daring are you in romance roles?
I can deliver pretty well in romance movies. I can kiss and hold someone closely. I have, as a matter of fact, done those things I mentioned in movies, but I can’t go nude.
What makes you happy being a filmmaker?
It makes me happy that I have actually confronted the challenges of living my dream.
Nollywood has many cute guys, who would you like to be paired to interpret romance roles?
Gbenro Ajibade is the person because he is cute and he is a damn good actor.
Who is the guy rocking the love boat of your life?
Relationship right now is a huge distraction that I can’t afford. I probably will let you know if I get one.
What are the qualities of your ideal guy?
I like them smart and intelligent; ambitious, even if he doesn’t have a fat bank account. I also love someone that doesn’t only fear God but loves Him. Being tall and handsome too is a plus.
What did you do right to wriggle out of the pains of heartbreak?
I don’t think there is any special remedy for heartbreak (laughs). When I had heartbreak, I cried and let time heal the wound.
Can you define your style?
My style is simple and classy.
What is that fashion accessory you wouldn’t mind spending a fortune on?
Shoes. I love those works of art. I can spend any amount on good shoes.
What fashion blunder have you committed?
I’m so particular about what I wear; to see if it blends and goes with the occasion. I can’t remember any fashion blunder I have committed for now.
Where do you think ladies are not getting it right in their style?
I think it is following trend sheepishly; forgetting the fact that everybody’s size is not the same and thus cannot wear the same thing. My advice to ladies has always been, sticking to styles that fit you regardless of what is in vogue.
What part of your body wouldn’t you mind flaunting?
Every part of my body is perfect. I can flaunt my legs, arms, waistline, and more. God made me perfect, and I thank Him for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment